To apply for a senior citizen ID, go to your local OSCA (Office of the Senior Citizen Affairs). Before applying for a senior citizen ID, make sure that you meet these qualifications:
- You must be at least 60 years old.
- You must be a Filipino citizen.
- You must be a resident of your city for at least 6 months
Once done checking your eligibility, here is a simple step by step guide to getting a senior citizen ID:
- Go to your local OSCA (Office of the Senior Citizen Affairs) and apply for a senior citizen ID.
Note: It is advisable that you bring a companion with to assist you with applying for a senior citizen ID.
- Fill out the application form and submit the requirements. These are according to the OSCA’s official website:
- Birth certificate;
- 4 pieces of 1″ x 1″ ID photograph and;
- A photocopy of any of the following documents:
- Voter’s ID (Comelec)
- Driver’s License
- NBI Clearance
- Police Clearance
- Old Residence Certificate
- Postal ID
- Any combination of identification documents confirming the applicants name, date of birth and present address.
- The OSCA will process your application and will grant you your senior citizen ID. Processing time takes around 10-15 minutes.